25th may 08
Today, I am writing for the purpose I started this blog for. So that I can write whatever I want to.. to talk to someone whom I do not know, so that I can talk my heart out..
Things started going a bit wrong on Friday when we received an email saying SS is leaving the organization. First I thought this was a joke. Everyone thought this was a joke. How could this happen. I had imagined that we will be giving a retirement party to SS in this organization.. I never thought in my whole life that he will resign.
It is so difficult to imagine the company without him. He was the person who recruited me. He was one the person to whom I had become first close with. He was the person who has made my survival in the company so easy and comfortable.
It is difficult to imagine not seeing him in the bus and show me the most interesting news in the news paper as soon as I entered in the bus.
It is difficult to imagine not having his jokes and ‘expert comments’ around us.
Kay was most upset. He has been a sort of mentor for this. Of course she will be…
Still, acceptance has to come. I mean, this is going to happen in the end, irrespective of us accepting it or not accepting it. So the sooner we do, it is better for everyone. This is afterall, part and parcel of doing the job.
Things went a bit bitter on Saturday evening when S called up ILs place where they are living right now. things as usual are not going good there. Nothing usual, same things again n again. And then it went to such a level that they now want to live independently. They are tired of their sons and daughters in law and want to tell them, that it is their house we are all living in and it is their (ILs) right to do whatever they want.
Well, as far as me and S are concerned, we never denied this. I was telling S since a long time that we should leave this place. No matter if we have to live in a rented house, but we should move out of here till the time our relations ( I mean my relations) with ILs are good enough that when later in life, we will have to meet, we can atleast share a laugh.
Finally, yesterday night, S agreed to this. He decided that now it was time for us to move out, to face the facts.
He called his father today. He told him the decision. And his father said, ‘how will you manage to move out within 30 days?’
His father didn’t even say, ‘don’t go…!’
I should be happy when I am getting to do what I wanted for so long. But with this attitude, tears sprang to my eyes. If I felt so bad, I cant imagine what S must have felt. He understood the change in my voice when he told this to me over phone in the afternoon. And then he said, ‘may be, he didn’t say what he wanted to say.. he might have been very upset when I told him this…’
How can I believe this after knowing them for so long? I admire S’s patience and the will to convince himself that his parents really love him and care what he is going through.
We are starting the house hunt today. There is no point waiting. The sooner the better…
This is going to be a new life. Some new challenges. Some new experiences. I hope I have enough strength to go thru this…
No comments:
Post a Comment