Monday, December 31, 2007

Last day of the year...

Today is the last day of the year 2007. Looking back at the past 365 days, I wonder what all I have achieved and what I have lost.
Starting with the achievements / happy moments
1. Got my PGD
2. Hike at the new office in just six months..
3. Employee of the month award
4. Made loads of new friends, a fantastic group who, I know, will be there
for me anytime I need them..
5. Started living with my in-laws and haven’t had any problem as of yet(yeah, I consider that as a huge achievement)
6. Got 2 job offers
7. Resigned from TFDC!!
8. S got a new offer and took it (not literally my achievement, but indirectly.. ;))
9. Lost a few kgs.. (still a lot to do)
10. Read loads of books
11. Bought a Car
12. Bought a Camera
13. Had a realization AGAIN that I am so lucky to have S in my life…
14. that’s it.. I suppose..

My losses / regrets / failures / bad moments
1. Had a fight in my very first appraisal. I don’t say it was my fault, but I did behave a bit childishly..
2. Carefully severed contacts with a friend.. and still the entire thing fired back.. again, n again, n again..
3. Useless left TFDC
4. Had to suffer a lot of torment from my fellow colleagues for being in a group
5. Devdas left
6. Cool left
7. I didn’t give my best at TFDC
8. I didn’t give my best at my PGD
9. Spent very little time with my folks than I should have
10. Didn’t visit a lot of places even during weekends / holidays.. just lazed around at home. This I consider a loss of quality time which I should I have spent with S, roaming around..
11. Did NOT get rid of the scrap in the house which I was supposed to
12. Spent a lot of money! Didn’t save a penny..
13. Had to endure a discussion on a lot of nonsense fights at domestic level (though in the end, we made a huge mockery out of it!)
14. Now carefully severing contacts with all my friends, for the fear that the history does not repeat itself in my life……
15. And now I am left alone.. without that wonderful group of mine.. all alone because of a fantasizing someone..

Celebrations for the new year.. none..
New year resolutions.. none..
Just want to try to be a better person each passing day..
Just want a satisfaction looking back at the days activities that, ‘I have gained something that adds value to me, today’
Just want to make most of the days I get to live cauz I don’t know which one of them would be the last..

Wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous new year..
May the love, the sanity, the friendships’ and the trust on yours in life never die!

No comments: