This year is filled with a lot of changes. At home, at office.. And I am thankful to God that most of the changes have been for the better!
Sushil changed his job. Got into one which he is enjoying immensely. And now, I have decided to shift too (yeah... AGAIN!!). The new job I have got has promised me a lot of things. Good work, excellent people around (this I guessed from the number of people I have met till now from that organization. And till date, not many of my guesses about people have gone very wrong! touch wood!!) and of course, an excellent hike too!
It was so sudden. I was absolutely NOT INTERESTED in this offer when the placement consultant first gave me a call. I just went for the sake of going. But as the interview proceeded, I got quite a bit interested in it! And at the end of the interview, they simply gave their decision, "YES!" and I was to decide if i wanted to go ahead with the offer OR not!
This was one of the fastest decisions I had ever seen. I did take my own sweet time to give my acceptance mainly because I am going to be required to travel a lot! But in the end, the offer was so good that travelling time seemed a secondary consideration.
The medical happened and I finally got the offer letter.
The same day, when I came to office, I heard that even my boss was going to put in the resignation! And after hearing that, I actually didnt want to waste time. I wanted to resign b4 him, else I would not have got my relieving on the day I wanted it to be. Fortunately, my boss did not resign that day, neither has he till date. A lot of rumors did go around about his resignation. But he hasnt resigned!
----------------------------
When I had resigned from Cummins, I was close to tears. I was literally shaking when I had told this to my boss.. But here, I didnt feel sad. I didnt feel like crying. (yeah..... maybe, I got used to the situation! :D)
But it does feel bad about leaving this place.. a couple of weeks later, if I would wish to visit this place again, I will have to take a visitors pass and sit in the reception. I will have to clear my desk, my place for some one else to fill in.
I just felt bad that I would not be around with my best friends for the entire day. Will not be able to go out for lunch treats. Will not be able to meet useless for coffee on my way home.
It is so difficult to imagine that I will not be able to indulge my self on a regular basis with the Biriyani from Blue nile, Chicken from KFC, missal from the tapri in our office premises, Sandwitches from just baked.. I will miss so many things.... so many people....
But this cant be stopped. I have to leave. It is just a matter of time that those friends will get used to my absence and I will adapt to my new surroundings!
Anyways, right now I am enjoying my Honeymoon period in office. My last 3 weeks! And I am actually workless! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment